Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Officially not a baby anymore

The past few weeks have been hard for Elliott to fall asleep and stay asleep in his crib by himself. We have gotten rid of his bottle, he is teething some more and now he has a cold. To top it all off, last night Elliott climbed out of his crib screaming. Brian went in, surprised Elliott was on the floor. Then I tried holding him for awhile, finally putting him down screaming. A few minutes and a thump later and Elliott was out again. We just let him fall asleep on his floor and he slept all night until 9 am this morning. A few months ago we bought a big-boy bed for Elliott, anticipating this moment. So this morning, we removed his crib for good.
Elliott's new room:

Now there is more room to play.



It wasn't long before Elliott checked out his bed.

For some reason, he likes it much better without the blanket on top. I think it will be a long time before he makes his bed. Now the fun is un-making it.

All grown-up and king of the mountain-bed!

He tried to sit on the board at the end of the bed and flipped over backward onto the floor. Luckily Gunther is there to break the fall and offer as a step back up.

Climbing is hard work.

It's so fun to have a camera again and capture Elliott playing. He is so cute!

I also showed Elliott the magic of his window seat cupboard. He needed to climb in to explore it properly.

He didn't like to be contained long.

Then time to put the balls away. I sometimes think Elliott has more fun cleaning up than playing with things. Oh well, I'll enjoy that while it lasts.

Elliott played in his room for an hour, but I think he still misses his crib. He found it in the other room and wanted in. Yep, he still feels safe in there.

Taking the crib out of Elliott's room made me a little sad that Elliott isn't a baby anymore. He will be 18 months old in 2 weeks. He'll get to go to nursery at church. He may be a little boy, but he is so big now!

1 comment:

Dewey and Liz said...

He is such a cute little man!! I too miss it when they grow out of the baby stage... they start to explore more but they will always need mom!!!