Saturday, August 9, 2014

Chalk Fun

I really enjoy drawing with sidewalk chalk with Elliott. In summers past, we have drawn trains and flowers and mazes and more. I have discovered that the simple drawings from coloring books make great examples to follow. I can look at those simple line drawings and replicate them on our driveway. Anyway, this spring and summer for our family have been taken over by morning sickness and all feelings yucky that come from being pregnant. I haven't gotten out much to draw with Elliott. But there have been a few great afternoons and evenings that we have broken out the chalk. 

Elliott has begun drawing people! I like to refer to this stage as "amoeba people" consisting of a face with stick arms and legs coming right out. I was so proud that Elliott reached this milestone!
 A more complex amoeba person.
 A happy amoeba person.
 Dumbo (I drew this one.)
 A surprised or ghostly amoeba person with no arms. 
 A centipede amoeba person.
The other evening, Brian was working hard mowing the lawn and so Elliott and I supported him by being outside at the same time.It was a cool evening, so we got the bucket of chalk out.
 I thought this drawing looked like a pterodactyl, but Elliott informs me it is a ghost animal.
 A crab monster.
An Alive Fridge
An awesome dinosaur, and a submarine.
 Brian finished mowing the front lawn and moved on to our weed patch. He is such a happy hard worker.
 I looked at some coloring books and drew Roo from Winnie the Pooh.
 A shoe.
 I drew a happy little boy, then made Elliott pose next to it so they could be twins!
This might be my all-time favorite chalk drawing!
 A cloud with an eye inside.
I love how much progress Elliott is making, and I am working on my drawing talent as well. I am pretty good at Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, but my Charlie Brown characters need practice. Elliott's favorite is for me to draw a giant maze for him to walk through. I'll try to remember to take pictures of our favorites! Sidewalk chalk will continue to be a fun part of our summers, for sure!

No comments: