Sometimes I try to do too much. My neighbor needed help for 2 days this week watching her darling children from 8 am to 4 pm. I am at home with Trevor so why not? Tuesday was great! Laurel is 13 months and takes 2 naps and Jaxon is 4 and takes a long afternoon nap. First I put Laurel down for a nap, then when she woke up, Trevor napped. When he woke up it was time for another nap for Laurel and one for Jaxon too. It worked like clockwork. So when another neighbor, Valerie, needed me to watch her 4 month old and 3 year old for an hour today while I had Jaxon and Laurel again, I agreed. I thought I could handle it. WRONG!
Trevor had woken up grumpy and extra snuggly and slightly feverish. He soon started throwing up - a lot! I soon found myself and Trevor covered in baby barf and the other 2 babies were crying. Aaahh!! I called my awesome neighbor Tammy and she brought her 2 year old and came to the rescue. Tammy held the crying baby and put the 1-year-old in the high chair for lunch. She also fed the other 2 snacks. Meanwhile, I could clean up Trevor and change our clothes and try to contain the germs. She stayed until Valerie came and picked up her two kids. Then she cleaned up the kitchen and started the dishwasher and left as all three kids went down for naps. I am so grateful I have a friend like Tammy that comes to my rescue! I kept the kids a little later today and Elliott came home from school at 3:45 and was happy to play with Jaxon for awhile. They were taking pictures with the camera and took some pictures that will forever remind me of this day.
Trevor looks so miserable!
Laurel is a lover and kept trying to snuggle Trevor. He hates that but is too sick and tired to protest.
I missed Elliott's help while he was at school. If he had been home, I might not have needed to call for help. He definitely made the afternoon easier and more fun for everyone!
I am showing Trevor a picture on the phone while Jaxon takes more pictures.
I love seeing the pictures Elliott takes and the perspective from a short person and seeing what he finds interesting. Another bonus of kids taking pictures is that I am actually in some of them now. This was a hard day and I couldn't do it all on my own. It makes me appreciate all the help around me and that on sick days, I can snuggle Trevor all he needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment