Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

I love Halloween! The costumes, the candy, leaves falling, cauldrons bubbling, root beer brewing, but most of all I love carving pumpkins! I love scooping out the gooey seeds and creating or tracing a pattern. I love carving it out and then admiring my jack-o-lantern glowing. But carving alone is not nearly as fun as having a pumpking carving party. Luckily Eric and Melinda's family is just down the street to play with me. I gathered some pumpkins and knives and we were in business! (I didn't plan on looking like a pumpkin for the occasion...but that is the hazards of wearing orange I suppose.) Here is the gang hard at work...we sure made a mess on Melinda's table! Don't worry though, we cleaned it up before dinner.

Saffron just used a permanent marker to decorate her pumpkin, but then she didn't mind when I carved a moon and bat in it, she just loved being part of the party.

Ian drew his own design, thenI thought he would wait for me to help carve it out, but he did it on his own. I was so worried he would cut off a finger, but I was the only one that ended up bleeding.



Miles was very patient and persistent and carved a great spider web and spider in his pumpkin.


Lisette and Joy had fun too, although Lisette's knife wasn't the best for her design and broke her pumpkin. (Sorry Lisette, but it was still fun, right?)


Joy and Lisette's friends, Camille and Briquelle joined our party too, and added some giggles and cute pumpkins of their own.


Here are some of the finished pumpkins, ready to spook up the porches.


Too bad halloween is almost over, but now its closer to Thanksgiving, my birthday and Christmas. Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

Eric said...

Dejah, thanks so much for sharing your bounty of orange squash with us. The kids had so much fun! The pictures turned out great!

RhubarbLady said...

Cousin Trisha here-I love your orange blouse-it's festive and cute and you look wonderful in it. The pumpkins are cute. Sarah did Charlie Brown's Halloween costume pumpkin style.

Ryan and Leah said...

Looks like fun! The pumpkins turned out lovely!

Dewey and Liz said...

Dej, we really missed you when we carved our pumpkins, but I am glad to see that you spread your pumpkin carving joy with others!!!

Michele said...

This was such a fun post to read! It's been two months, what is up with you now? Love you both, even though I have never met one of you! :)Chels