I haven't posted in so long, mainly because I think Brian and I are boring. I am ok with boring, I like boring, but it doens't make for many interesting pictures or stories to blog about. I have had lots of time and space recently to pursue one of my boring hobbies: jigsaw puzzles. So I decided to take pictures to document this exciting pastime and share with you all.
Day 1: It's very important to seperate the edge pieces from all the rest and while I'm at it, I make other piles of similar colors to use once the border is complete.

Day 3: I begin by putting together the most unique sections, in this puzzle the house and green water were the easiest pieces to find. Then I fill in the gaps, assembling the rocks, grass and lighthouse. (PS I had the day off and with a movie or two, got a lot of this puzzle put together - more than just in my spare time if you can see what I mean.)

Day 4: I worked on the darkest and lightest parts of the sky. Brian also tried to help, but since he doesn't like puzzles, he removed pieces I had already fit in. I am still not sure why.

Day 5: I had a visit from my brother Craig and sister-in-law Holly who also enjoy puzzles! It was great fun to chat and fit pieces into the puzzle. They helped make progress, but also I can no longer claim I did the ENTIRE puzzle solo. It was tons of fun though.



7 comments:
Cousin Trisha here-Well, that just leaves Sarah and I in the dust with our puzzle making skills. We're doing a five hundred piece lighthouse that will probably take us a few months instead of a few days. I'm impressed-that's not boring to me. Now we know who to call to help us out.
We love doing puzzles in our family, so this was anything but 'boring.' Thanks for sharing. By the way, I really like your background.
Salena
I appreciate Brian removing pieces...I think he's just trying to add elements of intrigue to the whole process. Hilarious.
Nice to see another post on here finally. ;)
U R NOT BORING!!! I find you completely fascinating!!
Our family loves puzzles as well. Some of my favorite Christmas memories involve us gathered around a puzzle. It gets a little risky when you have toddlers around who think it might be fun to run off with pieces! It adds an element of danger to doing a puzzle. You are in danger of spending hours on something and then finding out it was pointless because you do not have the last piece.
I love doing puzzles too! You guys are not boring either. I have loved all your posts! :D
Post a Comment