Saturday, June 5, 2010

Boys' best friend

I personally don't really like dogs, but I don't want my kids to be afraid of dogs. Luckily my mom and brother and aunt all have dogs for Elliott to play with.

Here Elliott is meeting Izzy, my mom's deaf Austrailian Shepherd. It is cute that she responds to sign language and is a very mellow dog.

See, she just sleeps and lets Elliott crawl all over her.
Bogey is mom's 3-legged dog and tolerated Elliott and the other grandkids all weekend.
Ellie is still a puppy and wanted to be near Elliott. I don't know if Elliott was her toy or she was Elliott's toy, but they both looked happy.
Good thing mom had a gate up or Elliott's first food experience would've been dog food.
On Friday we went to Tooele to meet Eileen and Nancy's new dog, Oreo. She is a rescue dog they just got and she is about 20 lbs underweight. I was a little worried she might have some behavioral problems and didn't know how she'd react to Elliott, but she did great.
I think she looks like a cow, or at least will when she fattens up. Its hard to see, but I could almost fit my hand around her stomach and her ribs stick out.
I think she is pretty and is already a good dog. The best part about great danes is their size - big enough to give pony rides.
Lots of dogs to play with, we are lucky. And for the reccord, no, we don't want to have a dog -ever! We are more cat people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was going to say- All those dogs are about the size of a horse for him.