Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Popcorn popping

This spring has been so fun seeing all the flowers, plants and trees blooming and growing in our yard! We moved in November and so didn't know what would grow after the winter. The flowers have all been gorgeous, and well, we didn't know what to do with the rhubarb and so once it grew taller than me, we just cut it down and threw it away. It is also still a mystery to us anyway, to see what fruits grow on our trees. I was sure this was an apricot tree, since it seemed like popcorn popping to me:

But no, it's a cherry tree. And man, are there lots of cherries now!

And so of course Elliott loves to sing about this magical tree!





Now if only he could sing the words too....but one thing at a time.

2 comments:

Salena Ashton said...

Throwing away rhubarb? I love that stuff and rejoice each time I can harvest ours. I am happy about your cherry tree.

RhubarbLady said...

I'm with Salena on the rhubarb. We've got recipes for rhubarb pie, cobbler, crisp, jam, salad, bars, etc.... I love my rhubarb-I just hate the shave grass that's growing next to it!