The hikes around the camps are awesome! There was so much foilage that the poor beehives had to hold their arms above their heads to keep their arms from getting scratched up.
Monday, August 22, 2011
More Camping, Young Women Style
More camping? Bring it on! I got to go to the Heber Valley Camp with our stake girls camp this year! I went to help with certification and it was so awesome! We slept in lodges with toilets and showers. We had an amphitheater and pavilion with big kitchen and walk-in fridge and freezers! And girls singing silly songs everywhere - Brian is still sorry I learned the Wee Wee Song (I'd be happy to teach it to anyone!)
The hikes around the camps are awesome! There was so much foilage that the poor beehives had to hold their arms above their heads to keep their arms from getting scratched up.
But seriously beautiful views and shady trails with dappled sunlight and deer coming right into camp all week. It was very peaceful and beautiful and our girls were very lucky to be able to go.
There is also Legacy Lake - which is man-made and filled every spring with irrigation water. So definately no swimming in the icky water, but super fun to canoe and paddle boat on.
My attempt at taking my own picture.
The best part of the lake time was all the leaders hooking their ropes behind the stake high councilor - he was a good sport and tried to pull everone.
I really enjoyed Girls Camp and need to find a way to go every year! I am sorry I didn't take more pictures, but I was busy having fun! Brian needed to work, so my mom took Elliott for the week. He did really well at the fair and feeding all the dogs, but Brittany and Brad were very glad to get their mom back when we took Elliott home - her role as Gramma was all-consuming.
The hikes around the camps are awesome! There was so much foilage that the poor beehives had to hold their arms above their heads to keep their arms from getting scratched up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment