Thursday, August 25, 2011

Caught a bug

We are still working on helping Elliott sleep in his room all night long. Some nights are easier than others. One night earlier in the week, I gave up and let Elliott sleep on the couch. In the morning, this is what I found...

Poor little guy fell off the couch, but didn't cry or wake up. He looks so sweet, he's totally worth the interuptions in sleep.

Yesterday was a really hard day for both of us. Elliott woke up throwing up. Then for a few hours he dry-heaved until I finally gave him gatorade, then he had something to throw up at least. I won't go into lots of icky, smelly details - just know he went through 2 pairs of pjs and 4 outfits and spent most of the day with no clothes on since he was throwing up so much. The worst was our trip to the airport to drop Brian off for a business trip. We dropped him off with no problems, but before I got back to the freeway, Elliott started throwing up. It was awful to see/hear him throwing up and not be able to stop it or help, but I just wanted to get home asap. At one point, I handed him a towel and told him to wipe up, then gave him a napkin to wipe his mouth and he did it himself. He's getting to be such a big boy. Luckily he fell asleep halfway home and we made it. This morning he is keeping his pedialite down, or at least has made it for 4 hours without throwing up. Today we will spend the day in our jammies cuddled on the couch drinking juice and watching Elmo's favorite kid songs. I am so happy that I can be a mom and try to help Elliott feel better - that is my only job and I am so grateful I can stay home to do it.

No comments: