Our August was pretty busy and so we weren't home much to work in our yard. Plus it was way too hot to care much. But now it is cooling off and we are spending more time, weeding and watering and cleaning out some of our overgrown flower beds. Elliott is super helpful at watering and pulling weeds or pulling grass or pulling whatever he can reach.
I took this picture in the spring when everything was blooming. It is out front by the rose bush, a tree-like bush thing, and the day lilies and tulips. I didn't know what this was, but I remember thinking, hmmm, what a weird looking flower.
Well, as I mentioned earlier, we are only now cleaning out some of the flowers and cutting back bushes that have grown like crazy and taken over during the summer. And to our astonishment, we found this:

Do you recognize it? It's a secret peach tree!! Like with real peaches and everything! It is obvious now, but the other bushes and flowers had totally hidden it from view.

Holy moly, I feel kinds silly that we didn't know it was there, but at least we found it before the fruit ripened. Not only is the cooler weather an indication of the changing seasons, but our Japanese Maple tree is starting to turn from vibrant red to orange. Yay!!

We love our home and the yard, even with all the work that comes with it. And someday soon, we will know what plants and trees we have and how to actually care for them.
1 comment:
I'm so happy you have a peach tree! And watering is a great kid thing-Elliott is doing more and more with every post! Does he have a favorite series of books yet?
I wish I could have gone with you to The Help-most of my co-workers at the library read the book but I didn't but they said it's great. A few have seen the movie and liked it almost as much as the book.
Post a Comment