We have such a great neighborhood! It has turned into a summertime tradition to get together on Thursday mornings for little pool parties. 2 weeks ago we went over to Alaris' at 10 am. Elliott gets a little afraid of water if there is a lot of splashing and he wouldn't get in the pool at all. Then almost everyone headed back to their homes for lunch. Not us, though. We stayed for some mac 'n cheese. THEN Elliott stepped carefully into the pool and into a floatie and remained there for HOURS. He was having so much fun and all the kids were entertained, so we moms filled the tiny pool up under the easy-up shade and soaked our feet in cool water for the whole afternoon. My favorite part of the day came when Brian called me from work at 3:15 and asked what I was doing. I told him where I was and that I was dipping my feet in the pool. He responded by asking if that should've started at 10. I told him yes and that I'd been there all day. All the pictures I took came during the after-party. I'm so glad we had the whole day to just play around and relax!
Here is Elliott finally getting into the pool with his buddy Kelsie.
The other kids got out of the pool a lot to build an aquarium type habitat in the orange tub, but Elliott was fully content to play in the pool the entire time.
Here is the amazing product of time, rocks, dirt, sticks and water. And they are so proud!
Elliott just had to try out all the flotation devices.
And why not use 2 at a time?
At some point, we had to return the big pool and floaties over to Elizabeth's house, but swimming wasn't over since there was still contained water. The tub became the cool spot.
Did I mention it was really cool? Maddie, Kelsie and Elliott all fit in it and kept playing.
Seriously kids are entertained by such small things. And hey- I was pretty entertained just watching them!
Then Elliott brought the cool to a whole new level by adding his chair to the tub! (He took off his swimming shorts earlier because they were wet and he just wore his swim diaper all day. However, I didn't use sunscreen on his upper legs and he got slightly sunburned there.Oops!)
We finally went home at 4 pm after a delightful day of enjoying cool water and our good friends. And we are looking forward to another pool party tomorrow, but we probably won't stay quite so long this time.
1 comment:
Looks like a great neighborhood! What a fun afternoon!
Post a Comment