Elliott loves all things pirates. From VeggieTales' Pirates Who Don't Do Anything to Disney Channel's Jake and Neverland Pirates, Elliott is enthralled. He closes one eye and says, "I a pyate," in a growly kind of voice. Last week he was walking around with his hand in a fist lightly punching other little kids on the arm. I told him no hitting and it took several times for me to figure out his fist was really an imaginary sword and it wasn't really hitting at all. So the next time he "hit" someone I simply told him to put his sword in his pocket. He then motioned his fist toward his pocket and that was that. It works like a charm. Then we hit a whole new level last Friday when his Uncle Ben showed Elliott how to pull out 2 imaginary swords and wave them around with sound effects before putting their "swords" back in their pockets. Fast forward to this afternoon at the Treehouse Museum and their blow up swords on sale for $1.00. It seemed so perfect and mostly harmless, since it doesn't hurt at all when one of us accidentally gets whacked during a swordfight.
Here is the prized new sword and one serious little pirate:
This pose cracks me up!
I hope these swords hold up well since I am pretty sure Elliott will choose to be a pirate for Halloween this year. He sure has had the best afternoon ever playing with them. Apparently a big part of sword-fighting is running around and around in circles.
No comments:
Post a Comment