Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fun at Gramma's House

Brian and Elliott and I had planned to go visit my mom over Memorial Day weekend, but she had been sick and needed Elliott and I to come early and help out. So on Sunday after church, we loaded up and headed out. Brittany had been worried and was so glad to see us. Brad was happy to see Elliott too and even shared his Ipad with Elliott. 
Elliott was excited and every day asked to use Bubber's Ipad. 
Elliott was super helpful the entire time. He helped Gramma feed the dogs every morning and evening. I started vacuuming and Elliott came running up asking to help. Well, I can't let this pass, so I gave him the vacuum and watched in amusement as he saw a spot on the floor and would drive over it, exclaiming "Ha!" He did a very good job. 

Elliott also got to help me on the riding lawnmower. 
Look, no hands! Elliott was steering all by himself. 
Waving at Bubber or Brittany in the window.
After I mowed the backyard, Gramma handed Elliott the broom and he worked really hard sweeping it off. 

Brittany loves to go to the post office, so on a nice morning, we walked the 3 blocks over to get the mail. 
Brittany needed a haircut and although I've only ever cut Elliott's hair, I cut her hair for her. 
She has the best naturally curly hair!
Then I used the clippers to cut Elliott's hair too. 
It helped that there is a tv in the kitchen so he could be distracted. 
Almost done. 
On Friday night, Brian came up and joined us for the weekend. We got to spend some time in the yard Friday night looking at the stars and finding more constellations. The stars are amazing in Georgetown! After church on Sunday, I wanted to snap a few family pictures. But apparently it was too bright for my guys. 
Still too bright so we'll have to go inside.
Ah! It's so much nicer to be able to open your eyes!



After Sunday naps, we went up to the cemetery to visit my dad's grave. 


What were we thinking, trying to take a picture in the sunlight?!
There we go, almost smiling!
Every evening as the day cooled down, we went outside to throw toys to the dogs and let them run. Brad and Brittany also got out the bubbles. 

I just had to get a picture of Ellie and Izzy bringing back their rope, they would run after it and carry it back between them every time. What teamwork!





Bubbles, bubbles everywhere!

Brian stayed until Monday, but then had to return home for work on Tuesday. Elliott and I stayed to take Mom to a doctor in Pocatello on Tuesday, then we left for home on Wednesday. 
After cleaning up in the yard and playing with all the dogs, we'd leave Amy and Bogey in the yard and take the other dogs to the pasture for more running room. And of course to play on the bridge over the irrigation ditch. 
Oops, steady there! Elliott followed the rule to stay on board #2 in the middle. 
Gramma was always close by to help and also to pick weeds to throw in. 
There is also a fence to climb on. 
Good country fun!
On Wednesday, May 29, Brittany turned 35 and we celebrated her birthday by making her a cake!
The cake was half chocolate/half purple and she loved it! Happy Birthday Beeny-bop!
We definitely enjoyed our time hanging out and helping out. And we're happy that Gramma is feeling better now. 



No comments: