Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween

 Last week Elliott got sick and had croup which turned into a cold. He was feeling much better by Halloween night, but I was sick with a nasty cold and couldn't take anything more than tylenol because of the IVF drugs I had started. So I was miserable and waiting for Brian to come home and take him trick-or-treating. Elliott had picked out a Spiderman costume and had tried it on and was excited for it. However at 4:30 on Halloween, Elliott tears off the Spiderman costume and won't wear it. I can barely help him and will not go to the store so I asked him what he would wear. He came downstairs with a cowboy hat and said he'd be a cowboy. I dug out last year's pirate costume and luckily it still fit. He was happy to be a pirate and I was relieved Halloween wasn't ruined. 
 He does make a pretty adorable pirate!
At Hobby Lobby we found these awesome, light-up bat glasses. Elliott wore them glowing all over the neighborhood. 
It was pretty cold so Elliott didn't come home with as much candy as last year. But he loved it all the same. I enjoyed passing out candy at home and seeing all the kids in their costumes. Hopefully next year we will all be healthier and can enjoy it more. 
Happy Halloween!

No comments: