On Monday, President's Day, Brian had the day off and we went to see The Lego Movie. We met up with Marsha and we were excited for the movie. We arrived early enough for Elliott to play a game in the arcade section. He and Brian worked as a team and had fun!
A movie isn't as fun in the theater unless you have popcorn and Elliott even shared with us adults.
I wasn't expecting to like the movie as much as Brian or Elliott, but I was blown away and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was delightful and clever and awesome! It really sparked our interest in playing with legos. Arden and Lorraine had given us a large bin of legos and it was perfect to begin building and playing! Elliott's train table is a perfect spot to keep the pieces from falling on the floor. Elliott is really good at building towers and buildings and vehicles. He has spent hours and hours creating and playing.
I love seeing his imagination at work!
Later in the week, Brian needed me to buy some shoe goo to fix the sole of his work shoe. I wasn't planning on going to the store at all that day and so it was Brian's fault that we explored the lego aisle and bought an Ironman boat and figures. Elliott was even more excited than I was to put it all together!
And in no time, we built the boat and Elliott put together Ironman, War machine and Rich Killian. Now we need to see the movie Ironman 3, so we know how the story goes.
Such a happy little guy to play with his new lego toys with all the old legos too!
And as the catchy tune from the movie goes, "Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you work as a team. Everything is awesome when you're living your dream!"
No comments:
Post a Comment