Friday, July 18, 2014

Water Party

This afternoon, Karen, Melinda, Karoline and I all met at Marsha and Wendy's for a water party. We began at 11 and set up all the pools and shade and then Karen filled up the bubble machine. 
 There is just something magical about bubbles and chasing them and popping them. 
 Bubbles, bubbles everywhere!
 One bubble even floated over to Saffy in the cold water!
 Nigel looking handsome and playing in the pool. 
 We brought our water toys and Elliott and Nigel had quite the water fight. Don't worry, Melinda didn't get caught in the cross-fire. In the bottom left corner, you can see the wading pool I claimed as my own. I can only handle being outside on these hot, summer days if I can dip my feet in the pool too.
We had a picnic lunch and enjoyed the beautiful day outside. Then around 2, we loaded everything back up and changed into dry clothes. Elliott, Karoline and I hung out for another hour in the air conditioned house just chatting with Wendy. It was a fun afternoon and we should get together again soon for more cousin fun!

Last week, Elliott and I filled up the pools at our house. It was good to cool off, but not nearly as fun by ourselves.
Elliott chilling in my foot pool while I filled up water balloons.
 The only way I stay out in the hot summer weather is by dipping my feet in the pool too!

No comments: