Our 6th wedding anniversary fell on a Friday night this year. We decided to celebrate by going on a family date out to dinner and bowling. I had come down with a cold earlier in the week and wasn't sure I'd feel up to going out, but it was worth it! We ate at Sizzler and my steak and potato were fabulous. I'm not sure why we order food for Elliott, he just filled up on the rolls. After dinner we headed over to the bowling alley. We had taken Elliott bowling last year for my birthday and he was very excited to be going again. We got our shoes and we were all set!
We found a 6 lb. ball that Elliott could lift and it even matched his shirt!
This boy is ready to bowl!
Elliott and I waiting our turns while Brian bowled.
Brian, trying to bring back his skills from all those bowling classes in college!
Elliott did best when he put the ball on the ground and pushed it. The one time he tried to throw it, the ball stopped halfway down the lane and we had to get a worker to push it the rest of the way.
Elliott's balls rolled slowly, so he needed to stand there and wait for a while for it to reach the pins.
As you can see from the scores, Elliott was beating Brian and I in frame 3. It took a bit for us to warm up. And Elliott has some skills!
Waiting for the ball return.
Elliott rolling another ball on his turn.
Brian took this shot of me bowling. I couldn't quite manage the spin so I just tried to roll it straight.
Brian and I did come back to beat Elliott, but for a 4-year-old, 68 is an excellent score.
We had a lot of fun spending time together as a family, celebrating the day we began our family 6 years ago. Thanks Brian! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment