We were glad that we finally got a break from all the rain so that we could enjoy Memorial Day and go on an adventure as a family. We picked up Grandma Lorraine and ventured to the Tracy Aviary. It was a cool morning that quickly warmed up to a lovely day. We wandered around enjoying some kid friendly features while waiting for the first bird show of the summer season to start.
There are some giant logs to climb on and explore.
And these fowl look familiar!
We love grandma toucans and happy owls!
We found seats for the bird show and Wendy and her kids joined us. We applied sunscreen while waiting for the show to start. (Elliott and Andrew sat by themselves on the top row in the shade and behaved very well! They are practically grown up!) Trevor started fidgeting during the show, but was quite content digging through the diaper bag. I kept putting his toys on top and he kept grabbing them.
Grunt, a vulture showed us how vultures sun themselves to burn off bacteria from the dead things they eat. Pretty impressive.
And this bird wanders through the audience. Most of the birds flew directly over our heads, brushing heads with their wings. It is very cool.
Elliott quickly looked at the birds, but was more interested in anything he could do. The aviary has lots of interactive kid activities to do all through the park.
This looks like a cry for help from Trevor being attacked by Elliott and Andrew!
After I told Elliott not to put his hands in the water from this fountain, Brian asked, "Why, is there a sign?" and Brian dipped his hands in too. Touche! Play in the water boys, go right ahead!
Instead of complaining that he was getting tired, Elliott just lay down on the sidewalk in some shade for a rest.
Of course I told him to be civilized and at least lay on a rock off to the side.
After the aviary we went back to Arden and Lorraine's house and hung out waiting for a barbecue party that evening. We enjoyed more time outside in the non-raining weather.
Trevor got to try out the swings in the backyard.
He was really tired, but I think he liked it!
Elliott enjoyed it too!
This is what life is all about!
This family of mine brings me so much joy!
And here is a video of Trevor swinging.
I am so grateful Brian has a good job that supports our family so I can be a mom at home! I am also glad we can enjoy special days off together as a family! I do appreciate Memorial Day, but focus less on visiting graves and more on cherishing that our family is linked for eternity and we can be together forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment