Trevor is 6 months old today!
And yesterday was the first day Trevor could sit up all by himself - for a few minutes at a time!
So this morning I propped him up with a toy and got out the camera for picture proof of this milestone. Isn't he cute?
Elliott was my secret weapon to get Trevor to look up. Trevor always looks at Elliott and usually smiles too, but maybe today he was focusing on staying upright and couldn't spare the smiles.
Those cheeks are so adorable!
He loves this toy and the sounds and lights that happen when he touches it. Trevor loves all his toys and spends hours grabbing and chewing and banging his toys. He won't take a binky but his toys seem to satisfy him.
What a big handsome boy - but where did my little baby go?
(Notice he is looking above the camera to where Elliott is standing making noises.)
Trevor is such a good leaner! And when he tips over or face-plants, he doesn't cry, he just looks around to see if there is anything nearby he can grab for a taste!
Elliott is still an amazing and happy helper with his little brother! Not only does he throw away diapers, he is an excellent toy picker upper when Trevor drops his toys. Elliott also jumps around and entertains Trevor and watches movies with him. Elliott's newest duty is to roll Trevor back over if Trevor gets stuck on his tummy after rolling around. Here are the 2 brothers together.
I love when they look at each other, it gets even cuter when Trevor clenches his whole body to growl loudly at Elliott. A high-energy brother requires a high-energy response.
Silly faces!
Trevor is leaning a little too close to Elliott.
I am so grateful for these 2 awesome boys!
Trevor had his 6 month check up today and he is a whopping 19.5 pounds and 27.5 inches long. He got another round of vaccinations which wiped him out. After the appointment Elliott and I took him to the library and park where Trevor slept soundly in the stroller while Elliott played.
Then Trevor woke up and happily watched Elliott and other kids playing at the park.
Trevor is healthy and happy and we are so glad he has joined our family. I cannot believe that 6 months have flown by. Trevor used to sleep straight through the night, but last week he woke up a few nights in a row with a slight fever and since then has woken up 2 or 3 times a night. I am getting so tired and his Dr. told me that he doesn't need to be fed in the night and to either let him cry himself back to sleep or soothe him without picking him up or feeding him. At first I was so excited to sleep all night again, but then I am sad to miss that middle of the night feeding and snuggling to get him back to bed. There is nothing quite like rocking a sleeping baby! He has a fever and is miserable from his shots, so tonight I will definitely pick him up to comfort him when he wakes in the night. I will cherish this time with my baby since he is growing so fast and this phase will come to an end.
We love you Trevor!

No comments:
Post a Comment