We had some fun watching the crew that came to cut down a few trees and trim one in the backyard. Our apple tree in the front provided lovely shade, but not so lovely apples. They were mushy and wormy and abundant. We decided it needed to go. The crew showed up and started cutting before I took a "before" picture. I gathered Trevor and Elliott and we went out to watch the show. It was loud, but fascinating!
Both boys were mesmerized and sat and watched it all. It only took the 4-man crew 40 minutes from start to finish and they cleaned up pretty well afterward.
The tree is down!
This Japanese Maple was beautiful when it was alive, but has been slowly dying for the past several years. I tried watering it more, but I have no idea or interest in trees other than shade (sorry!) So it had to go too. Now you see it...
Now you don't!
The only downside of removing that dead tree was that now some birds can't land in it while waiting for a turn on the bird feeder.
We had fun watching the trees disappear and it was nice not to have to work, only to pay the bill.





No comments:
Post a Comment