Thursday, December 17, 2015

Bird watching buddies

Monday morning we woke up to a winter wonderland. This was the first snowfall of this winter and it was a good one! Lots of wet snow perfect for packing and snowman making. We did that. Then I brushed off the bird feeder and filled it up. The birds came. 
 When the bird feeder is full, it gets swarmed and I can hear the noisy little birds from the kitchen so I can come watch all the activity. Now it is a quiet time. I took this picture at 3:30 while Trevor and I waited for Elliott to come home from school.
 Trevor loves watching the birds fly around and land on the bird feeder and fence and tree all so close to the window. In fact, Trevor has scared off a few birds when he yells and waves his arms. Daisy kitty also likes to perch and watch the birds - just out of arms reach from Trevor.
 We mostly get house finches and house sparrows at our bird feeder. But this week has brought a new friend, the dark-eyed Junco. It is pretty easy to spot with its back head.



1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I love seeing the pictures of your birds. Every time we come they're not there.