Sunday, December 6, 2015

Books for Christmas

We do not have an elf on the shelf, but we do have a wonderful Christmas tradition that we start on December 1. Every night we open a present before bed. Every present is a book that we read at bedtime. I get the books from D.I. or library sales and then wrap them up. We start on December 1 and finish on Christmas Eve, December 24. This year was a good mix of board books, picture books and chapter books. Trevor liked carrying around the presents and chewing on the corners. After he ate through the wrapping paper and chewed off a corner of a board book, we had to put the presents up high. Teething Trevor kept trying to eat the presents under the tree, so Elliott had to push the regular Christmas presents way back under the tree - out of Trevor's reach. Trevor quickly caught on how to unwrap the books and claimed some books quickly for his own. 
He has figured out this reading books thing.
I wonder what Trevor is thinking as he looks at his book.
Look at those eyes! and those cheeks! Such a cutie!
 Every time he opened the book or turned a page, I would say, "Ooohh," and soon he was saying it himself whenever he opened the book.
This Bubble Guppies board book kept him entertained for 30 minutes, which is an eternity in baby time.
 Books are good for cuddling too.
 Yay for books!
We are so glad that our boys like books. A few nights ago, I went into Elliott's room after he fell asleep to make sure he was tucked in. I smiled to myself as I eased a Calvin and Hobbes book out from under his arm. I can often hear him turning pages in his room when he is supposed to be going to sleep. 

No comments: