Saturday, May 28, 2016

Laundry and Ashton Reunion

Our washer broke and Brian's parents offered us to come use theirs. Well, the Ashton's were having a reunion on Saturday afternoon so we tried to hang on until then. I did need to buy Elliott a few pairs of shorts to help us make it. We showed up early and started the loads. Ben and Wendy were kind to let us use their washer in the basement too. At that rate, our 7 loads of laundry did not take all day. It was getting pretty hot outside so we bought some popsicles for the boys to cool off in the shade. 
 How cute are these cousins eating popsicles? I love to watch them play in the sand and have fun together. And Trevor is big enough to sit with the big boys and do what they do. Elliott is pretty patient to play with all the younger boys. 
 At the stake park we were using for the reunion there was a large pavilion where we ate lunch and the boring grown-ups visited. There was a large baseball field, track and play ground as well. Elliott spent a few hours running all over and playing. Trevor mastered the slide and eventually tried the merry go round. I got dizzy just watching. The boys went slow with Cameron and Trevor in the middle. 
 For about 10 minutes these Ashton cousins enjoyed the merry go round. Cora and Samuel liked it too. It was fun to have them all together and playing. 
 Trevor got tired of spinning so he headed to the swing.
 He just plops right on and swings and drags his feet. 
 He can't quite reach the sand. But he can swing this way all by himself. 
I then put him in a bucket swing and pushed him for a bit. It was nice to see lots of Brian's cousins and aunts and uncles. Brian spent the 4 hours we were there catching up with everyone while I mostl watched the kids. The Ashtons are a great family and I am so blessed to be an Ashton now too! 

Then most of the people had left and we needed to go back to Arden and Lorraine's to finish up our laundry. Our new washer will be delivered next Saturday and hopefully with all this clean laundry we can make it. 

No comments: