Tuesday, July 26, 2016

First day of first grade

Elliott has been so excited to start first grade. I have been a bit worried about him being gone the whole day. He had problems wetting his pants in Kindergarten and now he will be at school from 8:40 to 3:30. He also gets to ride the bus in the morning and home again in the afternoon. He will have two different teachers, Maestra Eskelsen in the morning will only teach speaking Spanish. Mrs. Hilton in the afternoon will teach in English. He also gets two recesses plus a lunch recess. I am much more nervous than he is, but trying no to show it. On the first day of school, I wanted to drive him so I could see where his classrooms were. We took pictures before daddy left for work, then Trevor and I drove Elliott to school.
 Luckily a lot of moms were taking pictures outside the school, otherwise Elliott may have been too embarrassed to pose for a picture. He likes to make sure we are doing what we are supposed to.
 Trevor wanted to sit on the bench with brother for a picture. I couldn't get them both looking at the same time.
 The school has a jungle theme this year. Cool!
 Elliott found his hook for his backpack and his number, then he found his desk. The kids were supposed to color while all the students were arriving. I gave Maestra Eskelsen a heads up that Elliott needs a reminder to go to the bathroom at recess. It helps that the bathrooms are just before the doors leading out to recess. I hope he remembers!
It was so hard to walk away and leave Elliott there all day. I will miss him and worry about him but I am so excited for him. He is going to conquer first grade!

No comments: