Saturday, October 29, 2016

Family Pictures

We have been planning to take family pictures for quite a while now. We finally made an appointment at JC Penney for this morning. We went through our closets earlier this week to see if we had some outfits that coordinated enough for nice pictures. No such luck. So on Friday, Trevor and I went to JC Penney to see what we could find. We were in luck this time and found some blues that we all loved. (Except Elliott, he didn't like his shirt and took it off right after pictures were done. - He even wanted to return it to the store, but I explained that after you take off the tags and wear something, you cannot return it. He was mollified thinking he would save it for Trevor when he gets bigger.) We also all had khaki pants so we saved money there, right?

Trevor doesn't like when anyone other than his immediate family look at him or talk to him, He squawks and scowls and hides his face and sometimes cries when strangers look at him. So I was a bit worried that he wouldn't cooperate for pictures. We did get off to a rough start and I was still skeptical. 
We started with a Christmas backdrop and he wasn't thrilled. Then the photographer brought out giant ornaments and Trevor tried to throw his, but I caught it. Elliott was happy to hold one. 
 Trevor was squirming but Brian and I squished him with kisses.
 Trevor just kept getting more fussy and I love that this photo captures his worried and scared face. 
 Which was quickly followed by his screaming face. The photographer is used to this and had us all shush him. Her idea was to make Christmas cards saying, "Wishing you a Silent Night." Ha ha.
 How did we get Trevor to hold still for a picture you ask? Cleverly hidden in my hands is a bowl of goldfish crackers. The pictures are timed right after he takes a bite and before he looks down for another bite. 
 This is one of my favorites! Elliott looks so pleasant and he really is. He is helpful and kind and so positive. He and Trevor and Brian are my whole world. 
 I also love this one. Trevor is smirking/chewing and Elliott has placed his hand over the giant drool/tears spot Trevor left on my shirt. That is how family photo magic happens. 
 Next we took pictures of the brothers. Again, Trevor would not cooperate without his goldfish and so next to him on the stool you can see the bowl. I am so surprised these all turned out so well.
 Trevor is chewing again but I adore those faces with their clear blue eyes. 
 Elliott was following instructions and trying to get a smile out of Trevor.
 Trevor wouldn't high-five, but he finally gave knuckles. Elliott is so patient with his little brother.
 It took several tries and some fun with Elliott but Trevor gave us a smile!

 It is so hard to get an almost two-year-old to stand in one spot and smile and I still don't know how this happened and I was standing right there.
 The boys earned a rest and could finally eat their goldfish in peace. Brian and I got to take a few pictures together.
I love this man and am so grateful for him!
It was stressful to get everyone ready and there on time, but these pictures reflect my beautiful family and the joy we share together. We cherish our boys and they love each other so much. Our family is not perfect, but maybe just sometimes we can look picture perfect for a few minutes. 

1 comment:

Ben Stuart said...

Love the family photos!!! What cute people!!
Wendy