My birthday was on a Saturday this year. We started off the day by cleaning the church from 9 to 10 am. Then it was off to the Kaysville library for Elliott's art show. He has really enjoyed taking an art class this fall and we were pretty excited to see his stuff.
Elliott's blue book, "Super Art versus Shadow Guy," and his Explore collage are to the left of Elliott.
Elliott was droopy in a few pictures and I asked him to ope his eyes wide and we have a bright-eyed picture. His art instructors talked about each little artist and gave them a pen and an artist's pallet. Elliott has the awesome distinction of being the only boy in both classes. What can I say, there are tons of girls in our neighborhood.
We ate some sandwiches in the van on the way to Salt Lake City so we could see the Festival of Trees. I have gone several years, but this was a first for Brian and Trevor and Elliott was a baby when I took him last. So we were all excited to see some Christmas Trees. I tried to get a picture of Elliott and Trevor in front of this darling train in the entry, but this was the best one. Trevor would not hold still.
After the first 2 rows of trees, Elliott became tired of walking and bored. Luckily, I had a camera and gave it to him and told him to take pictures. This kept him occupied for the next 30 minutes until we needed a popcorn break to give him more energy.
We were happy to point out all trains to Trevor. Some of the displays had toy trains on the floor and we had to hold Trevor back so he wouldn't grab them. We were glad to strap him in the stroller and keep on moving.
Elliott had lots of favortes, but really like the TMNT tree.
Trevor was most excited about the Mario and Luigi trees. He can say Mario in an adorable voice and Luigi sounds like "Weegee."
Hmmm, Elliott loves caramel apples and it appears someone decorating this tree does as well.
We have recently read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Elliott and then watched the movie. Elliott says the he likes the book better, but we were still excited to see this display.
We spent a few hours looking at all the trees. Fortunately for my boys, I didn't look at the decor or quilts. We watched a bit of the talent shows, then headed out. Trevor fell asleep on the way home and so Brian brought home some Cafe Rio for dinner. I had planned to go out for lunch at the Training Table, but all the restaurants closed for good on November 30. So that was unlucky. But even without the Training Table, I had a lovely birthday. I opened my presents and Elliott was more than happy to help me play Snoopy's Grand Adventure on the WiiU. I got to play the first level since it was my present, then Elliott helped out from there.
No comments:
Post a Comment