Elliott started second grade this morning. It was rough to try and go to bed early last night while everyone else in the state was celebrating Pioneer Day and shooting off fireworks. (Don't tell Elliott that Trevor and I snuck outside to watch some fireworks after Elliott went to bed.) Elliott was a bit nervous to start second grade, but was all excitement this morning.
Sunday night, after Elliott had been in bed, he came racing out of his room to tell us he had a loose tooth. It was very exciting, but on Monday, Elliott wouldn't eat big bites and was careful because he didn't want to accidentally swallow his tooth. He wanted to know when it came out. I left him playing with his cousins while I dropped Brian off at the airport for a business trip. When I picked him up, I heard about Elliott eating some popcorn and chomping down on his tooth. I think he spit it out in the garbage and then tried to dig around for the tooth. But it was gone, either in the garbage or swallowed. I was relieved so he would eat lunch at school normally. His toothy smile is my favorite!
We found a backpack for Trevor to use so he could be like Elliott. All afternoon on Sunday, he and Elliott filled their backpacks with toys and treats and played school together. Trevor was very excited to go to school this morning. (I told Elliott to stop making the peace sign for one picture, but he looked puzzled and said he was making the sign for second grade.) He has style though.
We took more pictures at school.
Trevor loved being a part of it too!
We love Sand Springs! And the Spanish Immersion program is so fun and hopefully Elliott will learn Spanish in the process. So far, so good.
We found Elliott's classroom and he hung up his backpack and picked a seat. Trevor picked a seat too and kept telling me to get his crayons out of his backpack so he could color. He would have stayed behind with Elliott if I had let him. Elliott explained he had to be 5 to start Kindergarten and several times this afternoon Trevor said he wanted to go to school and then said, "Oh, I not 5," And then he sighed.
Elliott, however, is old enough for school and will rock second grade!
Trevor was saying cheese while I took Elliott's picture so I took one of him too. Poor 2-year-old, left behind.
Trevor played with his buddy, McKay and helped me shop and clean and before you know it, we were ready to welcome Elliott home off the bus. Trevor got his backpack and eagerly awaited the bus. Sadly, he could not get on the bus, which really disappointed him. But he got to walk home with Elliott and that was pretty great.
I will have to work with Trevor at "home" school. He does not want to be left behind. Like some of his cousins, he wants to be just like Elliott!
Elliott loved his first day of second grade. Senor Marrero is awesome, fun and cool according to Elliott. Good luck Elliott, we love you!











No comments:
Post a Comment