Monday, May 23, 2011

Don't try this at home

As Brian and I returned from Boise, we stopped in Pocatello to pick up Elliott from my brother Scott's house. We stayed for a few hours to visit and have dinner, then at 6 pm, we loaded Elliott into the car to return home. The van wouldn't start. I was frustrated, but happy it was at their house so they could help us. Someone that will remain nameless hooked up some jumper cables to rheir Suburban and our van. Apparently this is what happens when you cross wires and connect the positive to the negative.




It killed their engine and a neighbor was enlisted to jump their Suburban, but ours still wouldn't start. Scott and Brian removed our battery and left for an auto parts store to replace the jumper cables and test the battery. The battery was fine, they returned and started checking fuses. Then another neighbor came by and wouldn't you know it, he fixed the problem. The van was not in park!!!! All of that hassle and it wasn't in park. I feel like a big dork and was so mad. I will be able to laugh about it someday, but until then, do not tease me about it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

There's a reason I've always been afraid to even think about trying to jump a car. I always let someone else try it.