His newest show of independence comes in picking out his own clothes and helping in the process of changing clothes. I have been encouraging him to help and a few days ago as I was getting him dressed I thought he was saying "Elliott big" as in big boy, but his voice kept escalating until I realized he was saying "Elliott pick." He wanted to choose his own clothes and picked out a too-small onesie with puppies on it. It wouldn't snap closed so he had flaps hanging over his pants all day. Well, that afternoon I cleaned out his drawers so they only hold what currently fits. However, I couldn't make sure it was all color-coordinated and this morning, these are the clothes Elliott picked out and was adamant to wear:
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Elliott Pick
Elliott seems to be growing up overnight! He goes to bed without a fight and on those awful days he doesn't nap - when the meltdown happens I will ask if he's tired and he stops crying and says yeah and willingly goes to bed at that point. Elliott likes to pick out what movie we watch and I am constantly amazed when he chooses something out of sight that we haven't watched in a while. He is becoming more independent and will play by himself for about an hour while I clean, cook, shower, or whatever.
His newest show of independence comes in picking out his own clothes and helping in the process of changing clothes. I have been encouraging him to help and a few days ago as I was getting him dressed I thought he was saying "Elliott big" as in big boy, but his voice kept escalating until I realized he was saying "Elliott pick." He wanted to choose his own clothes and picked out a too-small onesie with puppies on it. It wouldn't snap closed so he had flaps hanging over his pants all day. Well, that afternoon I cleaned out his drawers so they only hold what currently fits. However, I couldn't make sure it was all color-coordinated and this morning, these are the clothes Elliott picked out and was adamant to wear:
Elliott loves posing for pictures and the hardest part is having him hold still long enough to snap the picture before I only get a blurry moving shot. His cheeser smile most often includes cheeks scrunched so high that it looks like a wink. But he sure is enthusiastic!
Yesterday we had a great outing. We went to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden for a few hours where Elliott mostly just played with trains. But he was in heaven and I had fun just getting out of the house. Then on the way home we stopped at McDonalds. Elliott sat with me and ate his apple slices and a chicken nugget before playing in the playplace. I wasn't sure he could climb up inside and slide down, but there was a cute little boy about 5 years old that played with Elliott for over an hour and a half. He kept telling Elliott how they would play and who was Mario and who was Luigi and Elliott enthusiastically said yeah to everything he was told. The happy meal toy was a car and they zoomed them down the slide and climbed and played as only little boys can.
I was so proud of Elliott for crawling up and around in the play place. He looks so grown up!
I am amazed at how much Elliott is developing every day and amused by all the cute little antics he comes up with. He has an imagination and I envy all the magic he sees and believes in. But that is the great thing about being a parent, I get to experience all this right along with Elliott. And I am so thankful for that!
His newest show of independence comes in picking out his own clothes and helping in the process of changing clothes. I have been encouraging him to help and a few days ago as I was getting him dressed I thought he was saying "Elliott big" as in big boy, but his voice kept escalating until I realized he was saying "Elliott pick." He wanted to choose his own clothes and picked out a too-small onesie with puppies on it. It wouldn't snap closed so he had flaps hanging over his pants all day. Well, that afternoon I cleaned out his drawers so they only hold what currently fits. However, I couldn't make sure it was all color-coordinated and this morning, these are the clothes Elliott picked out and was adamant to wear:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're right, he does little little all by himself so high up. But he is definitely growing into a cute little independent boy. I'm so glad you're enjoying him.
He is so cute! So much fun!
Post a Comment