Wheeee!Sunday, January 8, 2012
Finally - A Snow Day!
Well, Christmas just wasn't the same without snow. We were out raking leaves the week before Christmas and we hadn't had a good snowstorm so Elliott hasn't gotten to wear his birthday snowsuit. But Saturday morning we woke up to a winter wonderland. Or at least the beginning of winter please. By 10 am Elliott and I couldn't wait any longer. We went out and shoveled the driveway and sidewalk. (Elliott is a great shoveler, I am sad I didn't get any pictures, but we worked hard.) Then Elliott started stomping in the snow in the yard and I had the brilliant idea to make a snowman. I can't remember the last time I made one and it was harder than it looks. My neighbor Kim had to shout over encouragement or I would've given up. It was great packing snow though and soon Elliott and I were in business.
He was great at picking up snow and packing it on the base.
Such concentration and dedication!
Elliott got bored and went inside to take off his gloves, but when he came back out and saw the second ball on the base, he excitedly said, "Snowman! Snowman!" I guess our snowman was coming to life.
Elliott won't pose for a picture when he needs help putting gloves back on.
We were saved by our neighbor Cassidy coming over with her snowman kit. She enthusiastically helped Elliott decorate Mr. Snowman.
Now doesn't he look like the most perfect snowman ever! And on our first try too!
Cassidy had more snow fun up her sleeve. She took her sled into our slanted backyard and gave Elliott some rides. The hill is just big enough for some toddler fun!
Wheeee!
We quickly saw that lots of our neighbors were out playing in the snow and building snowmen too! Tammy and kids built this snowman and we donated real carrots and really old red vines to the face. (Notice their awesome snow-brick fort in the background.)
Wheeee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am amazed at that tall snowman. How did they first get the snow up that high and second keep it from falling over?
Post a Comment