It was nearing 2:00 pm and Elliott didn't fall asleep in the car on the ride home, so we stopped at a grocery store. Just after putting Elliott in the cart, he laid his head down on his hands. (This particular store's carts have trays and cup holders on the front which provide a head rest.) I asked if he was alright and he said yeah. After going up and down a few aisles, I peeked under at him and he was staring at the floor. I thought maybe he found it fascinating watching the floor move as I pushed the cart. With only 2 aisles left, I noticed he had fallen asleep. No crying or whining, he just laid his tired little head down on his arms and went to sleep. If only it were this easy at night! He slept through checking out and transferring him to his car seat and had a nice 1 1/2 hour nap.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Trains and naps
Elliott has been asking to go play trains at the treehouse for several days now. The ironic part was that on Monday we finally got to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden right at 3:00 as they were closing. Who knew they closed that early on Mondays? I needed that break and a chance to get out of the house as much as Elliott did and so I might have cried a bit as well in frustration as we had to get back in the car and come back home. But today we woke up determined to make it to the Treehouse and we did! Elliott played with trains to his little heart's content. After 2 hours of playing and climbing and exploring, we left with minimal crying on Elliott's part.

It was nearing 2:00 pm and Elliott didn't fall asleep in the car on the ride home, so we stopped at a grocery store. Just after putting Elliott in the cart, he laid his head down on his hands. (This particular store's carts have trays and cup holders on the front which provide a head rest.) I asked if he was alright and he said yeah. After going up and down a few aisles, I peeked under at him and he was staring at the floor. I thought maybe he found it fascinating watching the floor move as I pushed the cart. With only 2 aisles left, I noticed he had fallen asleep. No crying or whining, he just laid his tired little head down on his arms and went to sleep. If only it were this easy at night! He slept through checking out and transferring him to his car seat and had a nice 1 1/2 hour nap.
Oh and by the way, even though we wish we had more snow during this past winter, we are now ready for SPRING! We've gotten out Elliott's tricycle and have spent a few afternoons at the park. We've broken out the sidewalk chalk and bubbles. We bought Elliott a mini basketball and soccer ball. This is going to be a great summer!
It was nearing 2:00 pm and Elliott didn't fall asleep in the car on the ride home, so we stopped at a grocery store. Just after putting Elliott in the cart, he laid his head down on his hands. (This particular store's carts have trays and cup holders on the front which provide a head rest.) I asked if he was alright and he said yeah. After going up and down a few aisles, I peeked under at him and he was staring at the floor. I thought maybe he found it fascinating watching the floor move as I pushed the cart. With only 2 aisles left, I noticed he had fallen asleep. No crying or whining, he just laid his tired little head down on his arms and went to sleep. If only it were this easy at night! He slept through checking out and transferring him to his car seat and had a nice 1 1/2 hour nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No wonder you like going to the Treehouse. It looks like a little boy heaven.
Post a Comment