Friday, May 18, 2012

Songs to sleep on

We have started potty training Elliott. He does a great job of going potty on the toilet and it is easier if he doesn't wear clothes, so we are glad its warm enough now to wander around in his underwear and pullups. Yesterday I was cleaning the bedrooms and Elliott found my discman and headphones and wanted help putting them in his ears. I put Voicemale's cd Kidstuff on and Elliott really enjoyed it.
 Yep, he's having fun!
 Only, when you are 2 1/2 years old and you hold still for longer than a few minutes, it is inevitable that you tip over and fall asleep. I was surprised because it was only 11 am and he usually naps around 1, 2, or 3 in the afternoon.
 When did my baby get so big?
 He looks so angelic when he sleeps. I covered his naked little body up and enjoyed having a few free hours. (I'm glad I finished all the vacuuming earlier.)
I was glad he had a pullup on since we are just beginning the potty training and aren't ready to sleep without protection just yet.

I found this whole situation even more amusing since I have been listening to my headphones to fall asleep lately. Sometimes if my mind is racing or I am stressed about things, I cannot fall asleep. Sometimes I read until I am too tired to think, but recently I have been too tired to read, but not sleepy enough to actually fall asleep. My saving grace is listening to soothing music which works like magic to help me sleep. My favorite cds are William Joseph's Within and Beyond. They are beautiful piano compositions that are stunning and amazing and lots of other adjectives, but you get the point. If you've never heard of him, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=povQduydBw4. That is my magical sleep weapon and apparently listening to music puts Elliott right to sleep too. It's strange to see yourself reflected in your child, and I'm sure it will happen more and more as Elliott grows up.

No comments: