Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Movies and croup

Trevor is now fascinated by the tv. He will sit in the living room with Elliott and watch animated movies or episodes with him. It is so cute and also gives me time to get housework done and meals prepared. 
 Here are the brothers watching a classic Donald Duck/Chip and Dale episode. Elliott really likes Tom 'n Jerry and Duck Tales and other cartoons that Brian and I grew up with. 
 Such cute, serious faces concentrating on the show.
 Last Thursday night Elliott woke up at 3 am wheezing and barking with croup. Trevor woke up too and so Brian helped Elliott while I fed the baby. Elliott has had croup often enough that he now knows the routine. He called out for his daddy to set up the "humidator" (Elliott pronounces it like humiliator.) Our goal over the weekend was to keep Elliott away from Trevor so he wouldn't spread his germs. So far it has worked and with the humidifier, Elliott can sleep through the night. Now he just has a runny nose and cough. But I am still trying to keep him from running and jumping so his cough doesn't get worse. For an active 5-year-old boy that is almost impossible. So we have had him watch movies all day long to keep him still. 
Luckily Elliott can play on the computer too so he doesn't get too bored, couped up inside. Here I am helping him do Rusty and Rosy preschool. Trevor is happy to watch and I'm not sure which he watches more, Elliott's face or the computer screen. 
I do enjoy snuggly days on the couch with my kiddos. 

No comments: