Thursday, September 10, 2015

Colds and croup

Trevor, Elliott and I have all been battling colds for the past several weeks. Our noses are red and sore and our coughs are lingering and we can't seem to get better. We have gone through several boxes of tissues.
 Trevor started off with a cold Sunday, August 23rd. It quickly got worse and by Tuesday night had morphed into croup. After hours of steaming him in the bathroom, whenever we came out, Trevor started wheezing with stridor and barking and it was bad enough that I decided to take him to the ER at 3:30 am. Luckily it was a slow night and they took Trevor to a room and gave him a breathing treatment and steroids to help open his airways. Trevor finally fell asleep in my arms and I took his picture. Poor little guy.
We came home and I put Trevor to bed at 5 am. I then collapsed, only to wake up at 7 am to Trevor wheezing and gasping again at 7. Oh no, more shower steam and he calmed down. It was a rough night. But the treatments helped a ton since Trevor slept mostly through the next few nights. The humidifier in his room has made his skin oh-so-soft. But he still has a runny nose and cough and feels miserable at times. Elliott caught the cold but it hasn't been too bad. This week I caught it as well and I am grumpy and congested and all-around sick too. Luckily Brian has been spared, but we are looking forward to kicking off the cold and all being healthy again. 

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

It sounds perfectly horrible. I hope things are starting to look up now. We think of you often and pray for you always. Give the boys a kiss for us.

Ben Stuart said...

Boo!! Hope you're feeling better. - Wendy