It doesn't seem that long ago that we woke up on June 20, 2015, ready for Elliott's first day of school. He was nervous and excited.
We love Sand Springs Elementary! Elliott takes all of the rules seriously! One Tuesday after I volunteered we were walking back to the office after school to check out and I said hi to some kids from our ward. Elliott shushed me and whispered that I have to whisper in the halls.
In February, Elliott was Champion Stallion of the week.
He was so proud to show me his certificate!
In April the Kindergarten classes took a field trip to the Discovery Gateway in Salt Lake. I went as a parent volunteer. Elliott is sitting on the back row.
Elliott loved the water station the most.
For an assignment at school he wrote that he liked the "wodr plas."
Here Elliott is describing the extreme weather on the news.
There were other school groups there too so it was a bit crazy and crowded. But Elliott loved it and I was happy to watch and tag along.
This worksheet made me laugh when Elliott brought it home. He was supposed to draw something that started with the letter h. So he drew a hot boy. My favorite is the steam rising from the hot boy. Elliott does get sweaty and flushed pretty easily. I need to save this worksheet for when he goes through puberty and needs deodorant.
Elliott and his afternoon Kindergarten class.
These kids are so fun and Elliott said they are all his friends.
Goofy picture!
On their 100th day of school, Elliott took 100 legos to school for show and tell.
The kids made crowns. Elliott is third from left in the black coat.
More silliness.
The crown is also a 100 mask. He was so proud of his!
In March the PTA sponsored a reading challenge. Elliott came home talking about how Darth Vader and Chewbacca and a storm trooper came to his class. If the class met the reading goals, they would have a special jedi training PE class. The kids had to read or be read to for 3 hours each week. We worked hard and exceeded that goal for the whole month.
On Wednesday June 1, the kids had field day. When I was in school, field day was races and contests and we won ribbons for winning. Elliott's field day was fun games outside. Like Twister.
And a sponge relay.
Elliott's favorite part was the wet head game where he got wet.
I am so glad Elliott had a great Kindergarten experience to start off his school career. He is excited for first grade. On the last day of school, the kids took a first grade tour and saw the classrooms and the first grade playground. He will have to wake up early and catch the bus in the morning. He will get to eat lunch at school and have 3 recesses. Exciting stuff. School starts July 26.





No comments:
Post a Comment