Today was Elliott's last day of Kindergarten. Trevor and I picked him up from school so he didn't have to ride the bus home with all the things he brought home from school. He has an awesome Kindergarten Memories book and a CD of pictures. Also the last 2 days of school were mostly free choice and he made a poster. He has learned so much this last year and had a lot of fun. I volunteered every Tuesday afternoon from 2:30 to 3:30. It was pretty neat to see Elliott in his class and see how Miss Shelley did things. That way I could ask Elliott specific questions about his day. I asked him what he did for board work or writers workshop or free choice. Wednesday night was his Kindergarten program. Our instructions were to bring the students in best dress. I told Elliott to put on his Sunday clothes and he said he was embarrassed to wear them. I assured him that everyone would be in Sunday clothes and that is what best dress was. He was still anxious about it until we got there. On the drive to the school he said that Miss Shelley told them to sing with enthusiasm and say their parts with enthusiasm and to have fun. And he did. And he was adorable too.
Here they are singing Skin-a-ma-rink-i-dink.
Elliott is speaking his part in the microphone.
He said, "I can't wait to grow up. Then I can do even more."
The song "Magical, Magical Me" was so cute.
The students lined up after to take pictures with Miss Shelley. One of the moms said it was like she was a Disney Princess. Elliott loved Miss Shelley and I think she was the best teacher he could have had. She was fun, but she expected a lot of the kids and they all did so well.
Before the program I was walking the halls with Trevor and saw the Math Champion board. I found Elliott's name and picture and so after the program we took his picture there.
See, there is Elliott pointing at his Elliott star. The star is now proudly taped on his bedroom wall.
Elliott completed his first year of Kindergarten at Sand Springs Elementary.
First grade, here we come!



No comments:
Post a Comment