Sunday, November 8, 2009

Baby Elliott

Elliott Grant Ashton was born on Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 3:23 in the afternoon in a c-section. He was 7 lbs 8.2 oz. and 21 3/4 inches long. He was rushed right in the NICU at the University of Utah Hospital and was doing very well. Brian got to be there while they did the first echocardiogram and Elliott is a calm little cucumber and let the doctors run their tests. It looks like he doesn't have a coarcation of the aorta and will not need surgery, but he does have pulmonary hypertension and is on antiobiotics to prevent pneumonia. He has had 3 echos so far and will have another on Monday. They can't figure out what exactly is wrong since he is not sympotmatic and doing so well. But he is doing so well we hope he can come home soon. He is quite a charming little fellow and all the nurses love him cuz he is so calm and easygoing and also quite large compared to other NICU babies.

Here is the proud papa Brian about 2 hours after birth when he finally got to check on our little one. I was still recovering from the c-section. They did wheel my bed into the NICU later and I got to see and hold Elliott for about 20 minutes. He is so precious!

Here is day 2 of Elliott's life and I got to hold him and try breast-feeding. Elliott is such a smart and strong little guy and caught the hang of it quite quickly.

The NICU nurses are so wonderful with Elliott and with letting Brian and I do as much as possible. We get to change his diapers, take his temp, and I at least get to feed him.

Hopefully our little man can come home quickly. We love him so much!

9 comments:

Alex and Sunny said...

He's the cutest little thing ever. I'm glad that everything is going so well. Congrats!!

Ryan and Leah said...

He is so cute! Glad that he is doing well! We will keep you in our prayers! Congratulations!

The Wuthrich Family said...

Congrats he is gorgeous!!!

RhubarbLady said...

Congratulations! Thank you for the update and the cute pictures-he's adorable and I'm happy for you that he's a calm baby. That always makes things easier for the times when they are not so calm.

Janelle said...

He is adorable congrats!!!

Paula said...

He is a very cute baby. I love c-section babies, they always look so much better. Good luck on everything.

Veronica said...

He is really cute. Sorry to hear that he was rushed to the NICU, but hopefully he can come home with you soon. Take care and best wishes.

Catherine said...

Yeah for baby Elliott. He's super cute and you both look great!

Tyson and Emily said...

Hi Dejah,
Congrats on your beautiful little baby boy! I'm so glad that everything is turning out well for your little guy. Did you know he might have cardiac problems from his ultrasound? I'm glad I found you on facebook. If you want an invite to my blog email me at tysonhayes@gmail and I'll send you an invite. Then we can keep in touch better!
Emily