Elliott plays with a lot of little girls on our street and while he is all boy and very loud, he enjoys doing whatever the girls do. A few weeks ago that included wearing pink fairy wings and flying around. I couldn't get him to hold still long enough for a picture, so it is blurry from his fluttering.
I think he is adorable!
I also picked up a mask and cape for him so he can be Super Why from PBS. I love that show in that it teaches WORD POWER!
Then for Halloween Elliott has been excited for months to be a pirate! He knows Captain Hook is a good guy since Disney's show Jake and the Neverland Pirates tames him quite a bit and he is nicer than the Peter Pan version. He may have worn his costume for several days before Halloween, but once it was over, he was ready to put the pirate away.
He didn't like wearing the eye patch but he loved his mustache!
Yo ho ho matey.
He loved trick or treating in our neighborhood! I was worried that he wouldn't go since earlier that morning at the library story time he refused to trick or treat in the costume parade. He was too scared. But by the time 6 pm rolled around and he saw other kids in their costumes he was excited and ready to go. He remembered to say trick or treat and thank you at every house (although sometimes it was hard to hear him.) After an hour some of the other little kids were tired and went home but Elliott wanted to keep going. I kept asking if he was tired and he kept telling me to keep going. Finally after 2 hours of trick or treating he said, "Now I tired." But then we still had to walk home. He refused to be carried or have a piggy back ride. He insisted on walking the whole way. So I think he earned his candy and he has enjoyed eating it but mostly he just plays with the candy and his bucket. We got around 140 trick or treaters at our house and once Elliott was home, he enjoyed handing out the candy one piece at a time. All in all it was a wonderful Halloween.
1 comment:
Such a variety of costumes! Chosing one can be so hard.
Post a Comment