Elliott loves trains and so while we were in Ogden one Saturday in October, we stopped off at the Union Station Train Museum. It was almost closing time and we didn't go inside, be we had time to wander around the trains outside. (Elliott is wearing his bat hat he made at the Treehouse.)
I guess I've never stood next to a real train before because they are HUGE! It was a little intimidating and I am glad they weren't running.
I think Brian likes trains too, after all - who doesn't?
Elliott liked looking at them and running around all over the place. He did manage to sit still long enough to say cheese.
My, he looks so handsome and grown-up and well behaved.
"Wow, look how high I am!"
(A little side note about his shirt: I think this is a 3T outfit that my mom got for Elliott years ago and so when I pulled it out and put it on Elliott, he kept pointing to the baseball and saying, "Dewey, Dewey." I asked him if his uncle Dewey plays baseball and he said yes. Elliott remembered that an entire year earlier when we were at a park in Pocatello with Dewey and his family, Dewey was playing catch with Ben and also played with Elliott. I asked Elliott if Dewey played baseball with him and he said yes. I was impressed he had remembered that and it inspired me to do more with him because he soaks it in and remembers and can be impacted by what we do together. So way to go Dewey! And we look forward to playing more baseball with you!)
No comments:
Post a Comment