Sunday, December 29, 2013

More Christmas Quilts

At the quilt show this year, I saw a beautiful jeans quilt that had a castle and clouds and moat and it was all made out of jeans. It gave me the idea to do more than block patterns and since we had Brad for Christmas this year, I decided to try out a fire truck. I found an image of a blocky fire truck online and with some graph paper, mapped out what I'd need. Then with black, brown, white, light and dark jeans, I went to work. It turned out so much better than I could've hoped for.
 I made it nice and tall so Brad could lay down on it. The back has fire trucks and police cars on it too!
 I was afraid Brad would think a blanket for Christmas was boring, but he loves it!

A little before Thanksgiving, Brian's aunt Marsha mentioned she'd like a jeans quilt too. Well, there was still plenty of time before Christmas so I got to work! I started with a simple M and M for Marsha Morton and then went on from there. 
 I love the bright red paired with denim! And I love stitching around the designs with a long 5-inch needle even though my finger and thumb are still peeling from the abuse!
This fabric shows the pattern so well on the back too!
 On Christmas Day, I think Marsha really liked her quilt! 
We love you Marsha!

Not all my quilts this year were for Christmas. I wanted to make one for Keith and Rachael too. They were having a first birthday party for Brooklyn on August 31, and since Keith's birthday is the next day, I decided that would be a great time to give them a jeans quilt too. I used over 700 blocks of fabric for this quilt, using up most of my scraps from the other quilts I've made.
This also seemed to be the largest jeans quilt I've made and it was heavy! 
 I turned it over to take a picture of the back and Daisy thought I was making her a comfy bed. She made herself right at home!
I still have lots of jeans left for more quilts and I have lots more ideas too! I'm glad I enjoy making them so much!

1 comment:

mom cook said...

I am so glad you love to make jeans quilts too. You have an amazing talent.