Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dejah turns 31!

My birthday fell on a Tuesday this year and Brian had to go on a business trip to Tucson from Monday to Friday, so we had birthday cake (pumpkin cheesecake!) on Thanksgiving with Brian's family. 
 Elliott loves blowing out the candles and he is filling his cheeks to get ready!
 I love the enthusiasm he brings to everything! Even if he does blow out my candles!
Brian came home from work on Monday with 5 orange roses and a card! I also got to open my present early and he bought me a gorgeous statue of the Christus and we love having it on the mantle. I have always wanted one, but didn't know I would love it so much! Then Elliott and I dropped Brian off at the airport and stayed in for the next several days escaping the freezing weather. Brian came home on Friday and then on Saturday we celebrated my birthday some more by going bowling and out to dinner at Zupas with my aunt Gaylene. She even made me a jello cheesecake with mango topping! 

At the bowling alley!
Elliott and Gaylene waiting for their turns.
It's a little known fact that both Brian and I took bowling classes in college. You would think we'd be better bowlers, but sadly not so. The greatest thing about bowling with a 4-year-old is the bumpers. We all took advantage of that nice feature and were saved from a few gutter balls. Bonus, the ball ricochets off the bumper, changing the angle and that was an advantage!
Elliott's strategy was to roll the ball between his legs with a little extra push from mom or dad. 
(There were bowling shoes in his size - so cute!)

Elliott's excited face when his ball knocked over 3 pins! Yay!
Elliott liked bowling and was happy to knock down 1 or 2 or 7 pins on each turn. 
Thanks Gaylene for snapping this family picture for us, even if you did beat us all! At least Gaylene and I got over 100, I shall not name the 2 boys whose scores weren't that high!
It was a fun family adventure and we will be going again. And turning 31 isn't so bad. Thanks everyone for making my birthday week fantastic!

No comments: