Monday, December 9, 2013

Thankful

I am so thankful for my family!
Last night as we helped Elliott get ready for bed, he said his prayer all by himself. He started out by saying he was thankful for books which brought a smile to my face. Then he just kept going. He is thankful for his stuffed animals and he named each one. He is thankful for spiderman and batman. He is thankful for Melinda and Saffron who shares. He is thankful for his friends and cousins. He is thankful for his trains and teenage mutant ninja turtles. He is thankful for the moon and earth and stars. The list kept going and I started crying because it was so sweet. He ended, and then had to say another quick prayer immediately in which he said he was thankful for Heavenly Father and Jesus. Then he said he was thankful for everything in the earth. After Brian and I said goodnight and left his room, we were filled with so much love and gratitude for our Elliott and all he teaches us. 

I am so thankful to be a wife and mother! I am thankful for our cars and house and Brian's job and the opportunity to stay at home and be a mommy. I am thankful we have the chance to go through in vitro fertilization and that there is a chance we could have more children. The past few weeks have been rough as I have focused on things going wrong and being hard and it is so refreshing to focus on all that I have to be thankful for. I am thankful for my family and friends who have helped me along this journey. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I have received a lot of comfort in the knowledge that I am not alone and that God loves me and has a plan for me and my family. I just have to have faith and live the plan He has for me. 

There truly is much to be thankful for! 
Thank you Elliott!

No comments: