Thursday, November 20, 2014

Falling leaves

Luckily, all our leaves fell off the tree before it snowed this year. We had to wait for about a week for a good time  to rake them. It makes it harder when Brian gets home from work in the dark and my 9-month pregnant self cannot possibly rake them up on my own. Elliott was so excited that he was the first one out and had this pile raked up all by himself before Brian and I joined him. 

 Brian was a cheerful worker and did all the bending and filling of bags. I helped rake a little, but bending at this stage is impossible. It only took us an hour to get all the leaves in the front yard. 
 Elliott even got to jump in some of the bigger piles and we buried him in leaves. Then he started throwing  and spreading them out and we stopped him since this was a cleanup project with daylight fading fast.

We enjoy working together as a family, even hard work is much more fun together! I'm glad I could help a little instead of making Brian do all the work by himself. I'm also glad we could enjoy some fall weather and activities before winter sets in.

No comments: