Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thankful

My due date was December 5 and we had been hoping I could have a v-bac (vaginal birth after cesarean.) I had ended up having an emergency c-section with Elliott. However at my last Dr. appointment, we found that the baby was large, high and with other factors it was becoming apparent that I would end up having another c-section. The only benefit of knowing this early was that we could schedule the c-section in advance. My Dr. could schedule it as early as 39 weeks, which fell on November 28, the day after Thanksgiving. I was so ready to meet this little baby and was ready to not be pregnant anymore so we made plans to leave Elliott with Brian's parents on Thanksgiving so we could wake up the next morning and go have a baby. 

Our last picture as a family of 3 on Thanksgiving day. 
 We tried to get a picture of Brian and I, but our little sidekick joined in too.
 We had a lovely and delicious Thanksgiving meal at Arden and Lorraine's. Arden was resting on the couch and Elliott jumped up to sit by him. (Elliott likes to be touching you when he sits by you.) I love how much Elliott loves his grandparents and am so thankful they were willing to watch him for several days while I was in the hospital. 
 Our hearts were overflowing with gratitude this Thanksgiving season. We have a comfortable home and Brian has a good job that allows me to stay at home and be a mom. We are so thankful for Elliott and that he is healthy and strong and funny and sweet. It is amazing that we were able to get pregnant through in vitro fertilization and that we made it so far and were so  close to achieving this dream of having another child. We feel so blessed! I also kept saying that Thanksgiving felt more like Christmas Eve since I was anxious for the night so I could go to sleep and wake up the next morning to have a baby - better than any gift ever!

Friday morning  Brian and I both woke up early and excited and had a calm morning getting everything together to go to the hospital. We got there and checked in by 8:30 am and the c-section was scheduled for 10. 

No comments: