
Here he is carrying his load of finely chopped firewood. Then my brother Dewey started the fire without using matches!! Don't be too impressed, he used a lighter.
This was Elliott's first year to see fireworks and I don't think he was overly impressed or frightened by them. They did hold his interest though. On Saturday night we watched the community fireworks in Montpelier. They aren't as impressive as Salt Lake, but they were still very good and it is always fun to watch with Brad and Brittany.We also set off lots of fireworks with the neighbors in Georgetown on Sunday night. Some were typical, but some were quite impressive.
We have to bundle up for fireworks in Bear Lake, it was COLD! Luckily I remebered freezing last year and packed us jackets and blankets. Elliott fell asleep on the way into town, but woke up right before the show started.
I do love the wary look in his eyes. In the street, the flowers made him jump every time. I'd love to know what he thought of all of it.
Willard and Joey staying warm before the fireworks....sorry again Dewey that I shared my red gatorade...hope the stain comes out.
Ephraim looked so cold so I wrapped him up in Elliott's blanket since Elliott was still asleep in the car with Brian. Fireworks and any holiday in general is so much more fun with kids! I love the magical amazement and fascination and I never want to grow up!
Brad is quite a pro at lighting the fireworks!
Brittany is excited for the show to start.
Elliott loves new places to explore and toys to play with. He especially loves his older cousins that show him new tricks. He's not quite big enough for Ephraim's trike, but loved it anyway.
He's definately way to small for Joey's bike, but he kept crawling to it and standing up by the tires so I took him for a spin.
Elliott also got a chance to eat dirt and suck on rocks... wasn't worried until the rock disappeared in his mouth, then it was time for action! It must be such fun to be a little boy!
Grandma has the best trucks and toys and Elliott was very distracted and amused by them all.
It wasn't all action all the time, we had some time to sit and visit and Brian gathered up all the kiddoes for some quiet Veggietales time. He makes a superb dad, doesn't he?
All in all, it was a wonderful weekend and a great trip. Elliott slept in the car during most of the traveling, which was remarkable. I did get a nasty cold and we missed the small-town parade and rodeo in Paris, but that didn't ruin the trip at all. Basically we love spending time together as a family and any excuse to do that is sure welcome.
2 comments:
Oh, the 4th sounds like it was a complete success. Brit and Brad are sure getting older. They both are so sweet and nice! :)
great pictures!
Post a Comment