Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Museum

For the July 24th holiday, we traveled with some of the Ashtons to Kanosh to be part of the DeGraffenried family celebration. To break up the trip, Karen, Wendy, Brian, Elliott and I took Rachel and Teancum to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. It was tons of fun! Ed and Salena and Arden and Lorraine had gone down very early for Lucy and Preston's wedding.
Karen was great walking Elliott around.

Rachel found a little cave, unfortunately it was very small and I didn't want to embarrass Brian by climbing in.
Teancum found a nice niche inside complete with a rocky ledge for a pillow.
They have this awsome water and sand interactive area where kids can create rivers and flash floods and bury dinosaurs in sand. Teancum built a volcano, while Rachel gathered dinosaurs.
Wendy entertaining Elliott while I am being entertained by Teancum and Rachel. Elliott did NOT like the texture of the sand, and can pull off a disgusted expression quite well.
This is as close to a smile that I could get. But trust me, she was having fun! (Notice Karen, Wendy and Elliott in the background.)
This was very exciting as well - Elliott walking with more balance since Rachel had one hand. He is such a BIG BOY!
Look at that look of triumph and independence!
We also got to build a dinosaur by attaching pieces with velcro. I was impressed!
Here we are with Brutus, our new friend.
There was even a little tiny child play area with toy dinosaurs. Elliott crawled right onto the rug and picked out the ORANGE dinosaur! What can I say? I think it is safe to assume orange is his favorite color now too!
I thought this shark head coming out of the wall was totally cool, but Rachel and Teancum are tough cookies. They didn't really want to pretend the shark was biting off their heads.
Luckily, my wonderful husband played along and willingly offered up his head to the shark.
Sadly, my camera rand out of battery so I didn't take any pictures for the rest of the weekend. But it was so fun meeting the whole DeGraffenried clan and being part of a small town 24th parade. (They are the best since every float throws candy or frisbees or sprays you with water.) Here's to more family trips and fun times!

No comments: