Monday, April 14, 2014

Museum of Flight

Friday, we met up at The Museum of Flight to explore and use up lots of kid energy before the reception that night. One of my favorite features of museums everywhere are the penny-stretching machines. For just 51 cents, you can get a cool souvenir. I came prepared with quarters and pennies and all the kids mobbed the machine for a turn cranking the handle for a stretched penny. 
 We started wandering around the museum, but quickly found the kid area and pretty much spent most of the time there. Brian and Ed and some of the other adults got to see more of the museum, but I was perfectly content to watch the kids play. 
 Pilot Elliott moving the wings up and down and pressing all sorts of cool gears. 
 Elliott and I posing as old school aviators. 
 Elliott and Nigel flying a helicopter. 
 Saffy, Miriam and Eliza taking a ride in a simulator for a dollar. 

 Brian did eventually find us and got to see all the cool kid airplanes.
 Then we all ventured out into the rest of the museum. The kids really enjoyed picking up the phones in the flight tower and listening to the messages. 
 After several hours and more walking around, I was ready for a rest and some food. Lili took a picture of us while we waited for more people to catch up to us. 
It was fun checking out a cool museum and spending more time with all our family. 

No comments: