It all started back when I was pregnant and morning sick and miserable! I would hand Elliott the camera and he would take pictures and videos. Eventually I started giving him my phone to play with. Somehow we found that I could open a search on youtube for spiderman toys or spongebob toys and endless reviews of the toys would play. Elliott was at once hooked. He would sit on my bed or floor and quietly watch theses videos while I slept or rested.
Elliott learned that if a toy had moving parts, it was called articulation. He learned all sorts of things about different toy sets and blind bags. I took him to Toys R Us to look around and he knew which toys were worth looking at and all sorts of information about the toys. I told him to look at a set with a white batman and he replied casually that it was only arctic batman. OK.
Our searches began to get better and we found our favorite youtube channels like Evantube HD, HobbyKids, and Lucky Penny Shop. I kept allowing Elliott time on youtube because he would watch and then go play and build on what he had seen.
It has also inspired Elliott to make toy videos as well. So far I have resisted creating a youtube channel for Elliott. Instead, here are a few clips of Elliott opening a few blind bags we bought last week. (The clips are broken up since I can't post a long video here on the blog.)
It has also inspired Elliott to make toy videos as well. So far I have resisted creating a youtube channel for Elliott. Instead, here are a few clips of Elliott opening a few blind bags we bought last week. (The clips are broken up since I can't post a long video here on the blog.)
And all the good toy review channels have play dough surprise eggs and so last October I got out the play dough and some easter eggs for Elliott. He was busy for weeks hiding toys in eggs and wrapping them in play dough. I think these are adorable videos! (FYI mini-tigs and taces are mini-figs and faces....now Elliott is doing better now with the "f" sound.)
I am so proud of Elliott and all his interests and projects. I also think he is cute and brilliant and funny. We love you Elliott!
No comments:
Post a Comment