Our local elementary school has a Spanish Immersion Program where kids K-6 spend half the day learning entirely in Spanish. Originally we did not get in, but a few weeks ago got a call that there was an opening. It was for morning Kindergarten and while Elliott is not a morning person and we were looking forward to afternoon class, we happily switched. Then a few days later another call came asking if we could switch to afternoon Kindergarten in Spanish. Perfect!
This morning as I watched the bus go by at 8:17 I was glad again for afternoon Kindergarten. In fact, I went upstairs and took a picture of Elliott sleeping in. He slept until 9:20 and then leisurely got ready for the first day of school.
Last week we went school shopping and got lots of new clothes for Elliott. He looks pretty snazzy and was impressed that everything he wore today was new. (Even the socks and underwear!)
It rained all morning and was a bit chilly as we got ready to leave.
Elliott looks a bit nervous.
But he was able to cool down and look cool too!
He wanted to get a picture of his awesome new backpack - the eyes and mouths light up!
Daddy came home and we left Trevor in the care of a neighbor and started this adventure.
In the parking lot, we met up with Elliott's friend Tyler. His buddy Ally from our ward is also in his class. It was good to see some familiar faces.
Elliott got his name tag and Miss Shelley read a story and then the kids split into groups and did different activities. Elliott wrote his own name on the bee by his right elbow. He also colored and went on a tour of the school.
I was glad Brian took a few hours away from work to be there for Elliott's big day. Now he knows where Elliott's class is and can still be a part of it. Brian works so hard to provide for our family and we are so grateful for him!
Elliott on the carpet. I love how every kid sits in a square, no need for pushing or sitting too close.
At one station the kids decorated their pride folders. At another they answered questions about themselves and also made a crafty information necklace.
All the kids gathered back on the carpet at the end. Elliott looks so big, but all the kids still look so little. It will be hard for me to let Elliott go!
Elliott is so sweet and snuggly and happy and I want him to stay that way. I know he needs to learn and grow and I am excited for him, but I am also anxious. Sunday night Brian gave Elliott a Father's Blessing to help him as he starts school. I am so grateful for Brian and how he serves our family. Elliott has a great role model to follow in his kind, wonderful father.
LOOK OUT KINDERGARTEN, HERE WE COME!





No comments:
Post a Comment