Monday, December 29, 2014

Snow day - FINALLY!

 We have enjoyed warmer weather so far this winter, but I really enjoy the snow so we were thrilled to wake up to snow on Christmas morning! In fact, I checked outside and saw snow covering the ground at 4:30 am when I was up feeding Trevor and I just hoped it wouldn't rain it away before morning. But when Elliott and Brian finally woke up Christmas morning, there was still snow and then it kept snowing!! We didn't get enough snow on Christmas to play in or even shovel since it melted off the driveway immediately, but Sunday it snowed quite a bit and Monday morning we woke up to lots of snow! In the early afternoon, Brian and Elliott geared up and headed out to shovel.
 Okay, Brian shoveled and Elliott made paths and threw snow at Brian.
 I was inside with Trevor watching out the window, but I couldn't resist how fun it looked, so I donned a jacket and flip-flops and came out to take pictures.
 The snow falling in front of Elliott in this picture is from our neighbor's magical machine known as a snow-blower. He had pity on Brian with all the heavy snow and came over to help out.
It only took 10 minutes to clear the driveway with his help. And it was more fun for Elliott too, since he thought it looked like it was snowing all over again!
 Elliott, all bundled up and enjoying the snow!
 We didn't measure how much snow fell, but this picture shows how much piled on top of this flower.
 Here is how Trevor enjoyed the snow - he stayed toasty warm inside and had a nap!

No comments: